Why Lella's Candles are DifferentTruth
Hundreds of years ago, most candles were made of beeswax. But over the centuries, beeswax candles were gradually replaced by tallow (animal fat) candles, and then in the last century by paraffin candles, which are probably the kind you have in your home right now. It sounds innocent enough, but paraffin is made from the sludge at the bottom of barrels of crude oil, which is then treated and bleached with benzene and other chemical solvents to “clean it up” for use in candles. Paraffin candles put out soot and smoke when you burn them (I thought all candles did that) along with toxins and carcinogens. Since burning petrochemical paraffin smells bad, synthetic fragrance oils are added, many of which are irritating and even toxic themselves when they’re burned.Breathing what paraffin candles give off has been compared to breathing diesel fumes and, to make matters worse, the soot, smoke, and chemical residue from “regular” candles can stick to walls, ceilings, and ventilation ducts and gets re-circulated whenever the heating/cooling system is in action, exposing you to these pollutants even when the paraffin candles are not burning. Allergy, sinus, and asthma are some of the symptom just by lighting up paraffin candles.
But beeswax candles don’t cause any of those problems. People with allergies, sinus problems, and asthma have reported significant improvement in their symptoms, breathing better and sleeping better after burning the 100 percent beeswax candles in their bedrooms for three to four hours before bedtime. One person who burned a beeswax candle all day when she was home reported that her asthma gradually went away completely. Although scientists still don’t know all the intricacies of the complex molecules in beeswax, there’s at least a partial explanation for the healthful action of burning beeswax candles. According to entomologist Bill Reno, burning beeswax produces negative ions. Negative ions are nature’s air purifiers, cleaning the air of dust, mould, bacteria, viruses, and other pollutants.Beeswax candles can be on the expensive side–at least in comparison to “regular” paraffin candles. But beeswax actually burns slower, so you’ll get more for your money than if you opted for the cheaper versions. Plus, the potential for better respiratory health is well worth the few extra coins..It’s possible that something as simple as burning a candle might be able to help your respiratory problems, it’s at least worth a try.
Lella's Candles are more economic than other candles, it burns for more than 50% of the time than regular candles. In the long term are less expensive than normal candles.
2. Environmentally friendly although our candles also produce smoke , the quantity is much lower than regular candles and our organic candles are 100% natural do not contain any toxins or carcinogens that other candles does.
3. Totally Organic! Made from natural ingredients such as bee and soy wax. Both of these products are 100 % biodegradable and come from renewable resources.
4. Did you know those black particles that paraffin candles sometimes have and that are produced while burning ? Lella's candles do not produce any of it and burn very cleanly.
5. They are water soluble. The spilled can be cleaned with water, as it dissolves when in contact with it. Cleaning of "accidents" becomes so much easier
6. Fragrance! To dye for it, or should we say "to eat for it" smells as it looks great. Lella's candles are 100% hand made, making detail to perfection. Here are some of our candles: Chocolate cake, Strawberry cake, Lemon sorbet, Lemon egg, Café latte, Expresso coffee, Orange jam, Honey pot, Assorted cupcakes, Chocolate & coconut, Orange Cheesecake, Lemon cheesecake and Strawberry cheesecake